Skewers are a fun way to enjoy vegetables, who doesn't love eating food on a stick! Easy to cook on the BBQ or on a cast iron pan, they are a tasty way to add some veggies and colour to your weekend BBQ. Veggies are rich in fibre, vitamins and minerals for a healthy gut and contribute to all body systems supporting overall health.
Ingredients (makes 4-6 skewers):
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 12 button mushrooms
- 1-2 zucchini cubed (2cm)
- 1 red or yellow capsicum cubed (2cm)
- 1-2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
1. Place 2 pieces of each vegetable through a skewer (you can put them in order or randomly).
2. Place skewers in an air tight container.
3. Mix the oil, vinegar and herbs and drizzle over the skewers.
4. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
5. Cook on a hot BBQ or cast-iron pan on all sides until vegetables are cooked to your liking.
Why not try some different veggies: red onion, Baby potatoes (pre-boiled), Sweet potatoes (pre-boiled), Corn on the cob cut into 2cm rounds, try adding haloumi cheese for extra flavour, protein and calcium .
No common allergens in main recipe. If dairy or lactose intolerant, do not add haloumi.
Image taken from ezrapoundcake.com