Sweet Potato and Chickpea Falafels
Packed with veggie goodness, these falafels are nutritious and delicious, making meat free days the best days! Serve it with your favourite salad, we used roasted vegetables and rocket.
300g dried chickpeas, rinsed and soaked over night*
1 small sweet potato, roasted or boiled
3 tbsp ricotta cheese
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground tumeric
2 tsp olive oil
200mL Greek Yoghurt
1/2 lemon, juiced
1tsp Tahini, hulled
1. Place chickpeas, sweet potato, ricotta and spices in a food processor. Mix till well combined, it should resemble grainy sand.
2. Add the finely grated rind and juice of lemon and mix well.
3. Shape into patties (1-1.5tbsp of mixture each) and place on a plate. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
4. Heat the oven to 180C. Heat the oil in a non stick frying pan, brown the patties on both sides, then place on a baking tray lined with paper and bake for 15 minutes.
5. Meanwhile mix the dipping sauce ingredients in a bowl.
6. Serve hot or cold with a side salad and dipping sauce.