Chicken and vegetables tray bake
Updated: Aug 5, 2022
Tray bake dinners are awesome! Easy to make and taste like you spent hours in the kitchen. This is one of my favourites, chop the veg, place everything in the tray and you are good to go. Cook some extra for some super tasty left overs: add the vegetables to a salad or a wrap. The chicken is great in a salad sandwich, a wrap or with rice and veggies.
Ingredients (serves 8):
- 1.5 kg herb sprinkled chicken portions
- 6 small red-skinned potatoes
- 400g butternut pumpkin, cut into 4cm cubes
- 2 carrots, halved lengthways and crossways
- 2 small red onions, cut into wedges
- Olive oil spray
- 275g amoroso tomatoes or vine ripened cherry tomatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 200°C or 180°C fan. Place chicken on a wire rack in a baking tray. Place potato, pumpkin, carrots and onions in another baking tray. Spray vegetables with oil and season to taste with salt and pepper. Bake for 30 minutes.
2. Add tomatoes to vegetables tray and swap tray positions if not using a fan forced oven. Bake for further 15-20 minutes, until vegetables are tender and gold, and chicken is cooked.
Recipe inspired by Coles magazine, image from taste.com
Nutrition information (per serve): 1970kJ, 18.3g carbohydrates, 38.1g protein, 25g fat.